I am being set up today and I’m really not all that happy about it nor do I wish to participate.
I have been single for a while and I am not opposed to dating in theory but I am not super for it either. I am not completely over my ex (I know, I know) and I also don’t want to deal with the pain of another relationship ending. Or really the pain of it working.
But that is only a small part of why I don’t want to do this today. There are several other reasons.
1. I will not be able to leave. This is a concert with my friend who is singing and setting me up and it is an hour away so we are carpooling. Therefore I am stuck.
2. He knows about this. Originally when I agreed it was to just go to the concert and Brittney said to scope him out and not have it be a thing because all he knew is she mentioned she might have someone for him a month ago. But then she goes and texts him and sends him a picture of me. So now it is a thing.
3. She sent an unrealistic picture. Full makeup, hair straightened and then curled with a flat iron for more dimension, and 2 years old. Not like I can’t look like that, but makeup is a rarity and that hairstyle is only for special occasions or if I am really bored.
4. He is a musician.
5. I know nothing about him and he knows nothing about me which would be better if this wasn’t a thing.
6. All I have seen is a picture and I’m not swayed. But now that it is a thing he might think I am.
7. I did some minor facebook stalking and he is listed as in a relationship. And recently posted a pic with her. He also responded to a comment made by her father that he is looking forward to meeting him (the dad). So yeah. Why is this a thing? Brittney said that the girl made it facebook official after 2 dates and I would be told the whole story. But no matter what, he did agree to it and respond and post things with her. So she clearly thinks they are exclusive and committed. It is just rude to her. I have been cheated on and left for someone else and I will not be the other woman.
So all those reasons plus internal head stuff makes me want to cancel. I wasn’t even that thrilled when it wasn’t a thing and I hadn’t checked facebook.